WHITE SAUCE RECIPES
Vegan mac n cheese
- Bellygoodness white sauce
- Vegan cheese
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Gluten free macaroni enough for 2 servings
- Cook macaroni in a saucepan according to instructions.
- Heat 1 cup of white sauce in a saucepan adding one cup of vegan cheese. Stir constantly until cheese has melted. (Double amount if cooking for four.)
- Add ½ tsp mustard powder if required for taste.
- Once cooked, drain pasta thoroughly and rinse with cold water. Add to the cheese sauce, stirring gently to combine.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish, top with grated vegan cheese and bake at 200 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden and cheese has melted.
- 150g Bellygoodness white sauce
- 4cm slice cucumber, finely diced
- 12 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1dsp lemon juice
- Stir white sauce and lemon juice together until smooth then add cucumber and mint and combine all ingredients together, that’s it!
- Works perfectly served with our Bellygoodness curry.
Creamy Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Bellygoodness white sauce
- 500g Diced chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 2 medium size carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 fine green beans or asparagus spears cut into 3cms slices
- ½ tsp chopped dried thyme
- 2 Medium size Sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Medium size white potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 180 degrees
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once heated, add chicken pieces and fry for 5-10mins, stirring regularly to prevent sticking
- Add sliced carrots, stir well and continue cooking with a lid on for a further 5 mins.
- Add other green veg, stirring well in for 2-3mins more before adding thyme.
- Drain off any excess liquid leaving just a little to coat the meat and veg.
- Stir in the contents of the White sauce, until all ingredients are fully coated and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the sauce is warmed through, transfer all contents to an ovenproof dish deep enough to allow for the potato topping.
- Layer the potato slices on the top overlapping to cover the meat and veg.
- Brush potato layer with oil or melted butter and season lightly again before baking for approx. 25mins or until potatoes have started to brown
- A great dish to get ready in advance on a busy work night so you only have to place in the oven when you get home, while you unwind with a cuppa and your feet up!
Sweet Potato Fish Pie
- 300g Salmon fillets skinned and boned, cut into bite size chunks
- 300g any white fish fillets skinned and boned, cut into bite size chunks
- 125g peeled raw king prawns
- Olive oil
- 1kg White or sweet potatoes
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 2 sticks celery ends trimmed off and grated
- 150g grated cheddar
- 1 lemon
- ½ fresh red chilli
- 4 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 pack Bellygoodness White sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 2cm chunks, add to the water boil for 12 mins until soft.
- Into a deep baking tray or dish add grated carrot, celery, and grated cheese.
- Using a zester or fine grater grate the zest of the lemon, plus squeezed juice then add to the dish.
- Add all the fish, chopped chilli and parsley then mix all ingredients together gently.
- Stir in 1 pouch Bellygoodness white sauce coating all ingredients, add salt & pepper to your taste.
- Drain cooked potatoes and mash until smooth with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread mash evenly over the fish and veg mixture then bake in pre heated oven for approx. 40mins or until crispy and golden on top.