Sweet Potato Chips with Curry Sauce
These spiced sweet potato chips go perfectly with our deliciously creamy and tangy curry sauce. You don’t have to be from the Northern half of England to appreciate this culinary genius.
- 1 large sweet potato
- Bellygoodness curry Sauce (half jar for 2 people)
- 1 ½ tbsp. corn flour
- Avocado oil for baking (chips will be less crispy if using olive oil)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Peel potato and cut in half lengthwise. Cut as evenly as possible into 1 cm strips. Add to cold water.
- Mix all dry spices together except salt.
- Remove potato from water, rinse and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a bowl, drizzle potato chips with oil, coating evenly on all sides. Then sieve spice mixture over, ensuring that all sides are coated.
- Spread the potatoes out onto the heated baking tray ensuring that they do not touch one another. This will ensure that they go crispy.
- Bake for 30-35 mins, turning gently half way through.
- Heat Bellygoodness curry sauce. Remove chips from oven, season with salt and serve with curry sauce on the side, and then get dipping!