Turkey Meatballs with Courgetti and Mediterranean Sauce
What’s a better winter warmer than a big bowl of courgette spaghetti and meatballs? Our Mediterranean Sauce is the perfect accompaniment – rich and tangy.
- 500gm turkey mince
- 2-3 tbsp fennel, finely chopped
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- Bellygoodness Mediterranean sauce
- 500gm courgettes (3 -4 courgettes)
- Salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, add turkey mince, chopped fennel, mustard powder and season with salt and pepper, then using your hands, mix together and shape into 12-14 balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on low to medium heat, then add meatballs, turning continuously once each side is golden, until cooked through. (You may need to cook this in two parts depending on size of your pan.)
- Using a spiralizer, make courgette noodles and set aside. Alternatively use a peeler to make thin ribbons.
- Remove meatballs from the pan once cooked and place on a sheet of kitchen roll to remove excess oil. Then add all meatballs to a large saucepan together with Bellygoodness Mediterranean sauce, stirring gently whilst heating for approx. 3-4 mins.
- Heat small amount of oil into a large pan over a medium heat and add your courgetti, season with salt & pepper turning continuously for 3-4 minutes only.
- Serve meatballs with Mediterranean sauce on top of your courgetti.