Vegetable Skewers with Mediterranean sauce
This veggie-fest is super-tasty and nutritious, with crunchy veg, tangy Mediterranean Sauce and served on a bed of multigrains – it’s a fully-rounded supper.
- 2 courgettes, cut into 3cm slices (you may need to halve each slice if large)
- 1 medium Aubergine cut into 3cm slices then quartered
- 6 closed cup mushrooms [cut in half unless using button mushrooms]
- 1 red pepper cut into chunks approx. 3/4cms
- 1 yellow pepper cut into chunks approx. 3/4cms
- 500gm courgettes (3 -4 courgettes)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Drizzle of Olive oil and lemon juice
- 1 Jar Bellygoodness Mediterranean sauce
- Turn grill on to warm.
- Thread all chopped veg on to 4-6 skewers depending on size, alternate veg on each skewer.
- Place on metal baking tray, brush with olive oil on all sides and sprinkle with salt, oregano and a little black pepper.
- Place under a medium grill turning occasionally to prevent burning for approx. 15-20 mins until all veg are cooked through.
- Heat Bellygoodness Mediterranean sauce in a saucepan for 2-3 mins until warmed through or if it’s a warm sunny day and you would prefer, this can also be served cool straight from the jar, in a separate dish on the side!
- Drizzle skewers with lemon juice before serving with Mediterranean Sauce.
- This dish can be served with Rice, quinoa or GF pasta and salad or even on a bed of mash or Polenta on a Winter’s night!